This is one of my favorite go-to summer salads. It’s so easy, and so delicious! It’s perfect for outdoor BBQs, upcoming graduation parties, and the kids will love it too. We make this salad once a week because it’s light, but filling, and our kids enjoy eating it. The combination of ingredients make it a very flavorful salad that will be a hit at your next gathering!
There are a lot of substitutions for this salad, so if you don’t have something you need for this, no worries! I added the substitution ideas for you. And if you’re in a hurry, I share my shortcuts to making this even easier on those busy nights.
- Brianna’s Rich Poppy Seed dressing
- 1 bag of butter lettuce (or lettuce of choice. Spinach is another great option.)
- 1 cup of crumbled feta or Gorgonzola cheese (bleu cheese works also.)
- 1 pint of sliced strawberries. Sub blueberries or raspberries if you don’t have strawberries.
- 1 sliced apple (Honey crisp is best, but any will work.)
- 1 cup of candied walnuts, pecans, or almonds
- 1 cup of dried cranberries (Sub any candied nut salad topper package)
- 1 package of bacon, crumbled and cooked (Sub pre-packaged or precooked bacon if you’re in a hurry!)
- Grilled Chicken ( 1 breast per person)
Still in a hurry? Sub grilled chicken for frozen crispy chicken tenders.
Directions: Grill your chicken, and combine your ingredients. That’s it!
Whether you’re making this for Memorial Day weekend, Fourth of July, or just as a week night meal, I hope it makes your summer even more enjoyable!